A Gathering Voices Post by TheThoughtfulChristian.com Team
October is Pastor Appreciation Month! Here are some suggestions on how you can show your pastor that you care and appreciate them:
1. Send a note or a card for no reason except to say “hello” or “thank you.”
2. Be gracious when your pastor makes a mistake. Pastors are human, too.
3. Lean in: sign up to volunteer, attend Bible study and other church events that were thoughtfully planned.
4. Bring a small gift. A bar of (fair trade) chocolate, or a 6-pack of diet Coke (or other favorite beverage) has been known to make a pastor feel appreciated.
5. Give your pastor a coffee (or tea) allowance.
6. Keep the pastor's continuing education and book allowance high.
7. Help keep meetings focused and productive.
8. Get a new sound system.
9. Don’t assume the pastor’s spouse will lead the choir or fix the roof.
10. Take Pastor Appreciation Month one step further and have Church Staff Appreciation Month! Show the whole church staff how their ministries have mattered. Take the staff out to lunch and have volunteers cover office duties.
Do you have any other suggestions that we left off our list? Share them below in our comment box. We'd love to hear from you!