A Gathering Voices Post by TheThoughtfulChristian.com Team
Today is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi! To celebrate the day, our team compiled a list featuring 12 of our favorite St. Francis of Assisi quotes. Check out the list below and be sure to add some of your favorites in the comments section.
1. “Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
2. “Lord, grant that I might not so much seek to be loved as to love.”
3. “Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.”
4. “For it is in giving that we receive.”
5. “I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, he can work through anyone.”
6. “No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves.”
7. “While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.”
8. “Above all the grace and the gifts that Christ gives to his beloved is that of overcoming self.”
9. “Where there is injury let me sow pardon.”
10. “Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is afar off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face.”
11. “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.”
12. "Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that have received - only what you have given."